July 11th, 2010
A quick comment…this post has virtually nothing to do with SEO.
Lots of people ask us who we recommend for the creation of website forms. When you require more customization than is easily done with a standard Form Plugin in WordPress, or perhaps you have no existing web form
First of mind is the biggie….AWeber. We won’t address this in detail, but suffice to say, this is the leading technology used by the majority of online businesses and internet marketeers. Learn more about their form offerings at:
The only possible knock on Aweber is that it is not free – and that isn’t always a bad thing. A nice alternative to Aweber is Wufoo.
Wufoo is incredible easy-to-use, and yet, powerful as well. They offer a “get started” option for FREE. This allows you to create 3 forms or reports, with up to 100 entries per month. This may be all a new business would need. Beyond this, they offer paid options to meet any businesses needs.
Wufoo forms are created online, in a simple step-by-step creator. It’s so easy my mom could do it!
We use Wufoo forms with customized FaceBook pages all of the time. New customers who have yet to build their customer list, typically do not have an Aweber account. We start them off with Wufoo!
July 8th, 2010
If you sell products or services in a local market, you absolutely must have a listing in the Google Local Business Center. It’s not hard to do, you don’t need to pay someone to do it for you, and it’s very quick to start.
The first thing you need to do is to actually claim your listing in the Google Local Business Center.
Follow the following steps to begin creating your own Google Places local ad.
1) Go to Google’s Local Business Center right here ==> http://www.google.com/local/add
2) Complete your profile completely – make sure you focus on the keywords you wish to rank well for.
3) Enter the proper categories
4) Confirm your listing
5) Tweak and optimize you listing
6) Get your site listed with the other major local directories and city guides to help increase your authority in Google’s eyes
7) You can see your listing appear in as short as 1-2 days or as long as 30 days. I wish I could tell you why this seems to vary so greatly, but I have no idea.
While this is a simple overview, it really is as easy as I just described to get started.
Like anything else, ranking in the coveted “A” position for your target terms is much more difficult than simple creating a listing. Email or call our team for help!